Minutes - 13th June 2017


                                                                                                                                             

Minutes of the Meeting of Marshchapel Parish Council held in the Village Hall Meeting Room on Tuesday 13th June,  2017 at 7.40 pm

 Present: Cllrs. P Rickett (Chair),  C Henderson,  R. Cordy,  R. Bealey, R. Joynson, S. Osbourne , R Parkinson and H. Mason

  Apologies: None

Also present: Cllr. McNally (LCC & ELDC );  Cllr R Palmer (ELDC).

                     4 members of the public

Clerk:             Mrs P. Plumridge.

16.17 – Members of public

It was brought to our attention that although the trees had been trimmed near Caudwells Old Estate Office they had done nothing to stop the problem of the trees rubbing the BT wires. Clerk to contact again requesting they cut back still further and reduce height.

The trees at the back of the Playing Field are overhanging the road and need trimming. Clerk to get quotes from Digs, TEJ and Paul Pridgeon.

 17.17 – Declaration of Interests

None

18.17 – Minutes

 The minutes of Annual Parish Council meeting were moved and signed.

The minutes of last Parish Council meeting were moved and signed.

 19.17 – Matters Arising

 Church Lane Junction –discussed but no conclusions reached, Cllr McNally still making enquiries. The road has recently been re-dressed and new signage/lines will be put down.

Pavilion – It appears this has been sorted out privately. Checks need to be made with regard to insurance.

Risk Assessment – agenda item

 20.17 - Cllr Palmer & Cllr McNally

 Cllr Palmer reported that the last meeting was mainly taken up sorting out parties and Chairs. It is the first time a Labour Chair has been appointed (he was Vice last year).

 Cllr McNally reported the deadline to register to speak at the local plan hearing ratification was on 15.6.17. We were rather surprised since this was the first we had heard.  Cllr Osbourne was keen to speak on her own behalf and would make contact.  He also made reference to a register for brown field sites to allow planning – need more information regarding this.  The Public Space Order was basically the same he reported.

21.17 Grass Cutting

 The safety cuts and amenity cuts have both been reduced to twice a year. It was agreed we did not wish to take on all the grass cutting ourselves and would wait and see what effect two cuts a year had on residents.  It is hoped that Community pride will step in and residents will feel responsible for grass and verges outside their own homes.  We will monitor this.

The grass has been cut today, it is a very poor job and has left a mess.

(Cllr Palmer left 8.10 pm)

22.17 – Financial

 Financial report agreed.

Four cheques signed:

716 -  Marshchapel Village Hall - £1300

717 - St Mary’s Church (Churchyard) - £800

718 – P. Plumridge – Wages

719 – HM Revenue & Customs - PAYE

 23.17 – Correspondence

 Correspondence received since 9th May, 2017                                          

 Various notices with regard to general election;

  • ELDC Public Space Protection Order – Proposal Document
  • Fly Red Ensign – September 3rd 2017 for Merchant Navy Day 

Emails received/forwarded since last meeting,   (9th May, 2017) 

  • 12/5/17 – N/118/00052/17 – decision notice;
  • 16.5.17 – Acknowledgement of BKV entry;
  • 17.5.17 – LALC Transparency Funding;
  • 19.5.17 - LCC Grass amenity cutting;
  • 9.6.17 – June 2017 Messenger. 

Discussion took place regard flying the Red Ensign. It was commented that a former Chairman, Mr Julien Jackson, had a flagpole in his garden and we wondered if he would be prepared to fly the flag.  Clerk to contact.

24.17   Risk Assessment

Clerk has gone through Risk Assessment and all Councillors have had copies for past two weeks. Everyone was happy that it was ok and nothing needed alteration.  Proposed Cllr. Mason,   seconded   Cllr.Rickett. All in favour. 

25.17  Damage Report

 Work on electric cables had damaged the wall near the church entrance and quite a mess made. Contractors to be called back.   Church to deal with this.

 Grass verge in Mill Lane really churned up by parents parking on it when picking children up from school. School to be contacted and asked if they will request that parents use Village Hall or White Horse car parks and not grass verge.

 26.17 – Planning

N/118/00052/17 – fishing lake - decision notice forwarded to Councillors between meetings, full planning permission given, 11 conditions attached.

 27.17 – Chairman’s Items - None

 2817 – AOB  

Trees overhanging the allotments gardens (Trust item)

 29..17 Date and Time of Next Meeting

Tuesday 11th July, 2017  -  7.00 pm Trust Meeting;   7.30 pm Parish Council meeting.

 Tuesday 12th September,  2017 – 7-00 pm Trust Meeting,  7.30 pm Parish Council Meeting.  

No further business, meeting closed at 8.40 pm


  July 3, 2017, 7:48 pm




Newsletter

Keep up to date on the latest news by subscribing to our newsletter. Enter your e-mail address below to continue.

 - OR - 


Designed by Easyweb | All Rights Reserved © 2016