Minutes - Tuesday, 8th March, 2016


Minutes of the Meeting of Marshchapel Parish Council held in the Village Hall Meeting Room on Tuesday 8th March, 2016 at 7.30pm

Present: Cllrs. P Rickett (Chair), C. Henderson (Vice Chair); B. Bealey, H. Mason, S. Osbourne, R Joynson (left at 8:00 pm) and R. Parkinson.

Apologies: R. Cordy (holiday).

Also present: Cllr McNally (LCC & ELDC)

Clerk: Mrs P. Plumridge

Two members of the public present.

Chair welcomed members of the public to the meeting and asked if they had specific questions for Councillors or just interested in attending meeting.

Members of public were asking about the situation with the footway lights and the intention of ELDC to turn them off. Chair informed them of the situation as it stands at the moment, in that ELDC want to hand over to 96 parishes the responsibility of the footway lights in order to save £100,000 per year. In Marshchapel we could be responsible for anything between 60 and 76 lights, as this is still being assessed. The first public meeting was to ascertain if the Parishioners wanted the street lights to remain on. It transpired that they did, but weren’t prepared to pay for them.
Marshchapel Parish Council responded to ELDC that they were still consulting with Parishioners and have agreed to further consultations, which means that the lights will not be switched off in April/May 2016. ELDC not interested in time switches which was a suggestion put forward.
A further public meeting is due to take place on Wednesday 16th March and the Leader of the Council, Cllr Craig Leyland and the Chief Executive, Mr. Stuart Davy have agreed to attend. A petition with approx 200 signatures on has also been drawn up.

The two members of the public were happy with this information and left at 7-45 pm.

Meeting continued.

117.15 No declarations of interest

118.15 Minutes of the previous meeting were moved and signed.

119.15 Matters Arising

Footway lights – Agenda item
Cllr Rickett and Cllr Parkinson intended to put the passive 30 mph signs up at the week-end, weather permitting.
Nothing further to report about dogs on the Playing Field except complaints that the dog bin had gone. This has disappeared since the road traffic accident which destroyed the fence but a new one will be purchased in due course, if the old one cannot be tracked down.

(Cllr Joynson left meeting at 8:00 due to work commitments)

120.15 Cllr McNally

Cllr McNally reported that the LCC tax increase of 4% (this included 1.95% rise and 2% to go to adult social care) was going ahead.
Bus routes, salting routes and children’s centres were not being cut.
We would be consulted on Street Works Permit Scheme and Fire and Rescue (which could include charges for false alarms).

121.15 Correspondence

Correspondence received since 9th February, 2016

• LALC news & membership fees;
• ELDC Code of Conduct & DPI Training – 14th April. 10:00 am & 6:00 pm; (Two councillors wish to attend, clerk to arrange)
• HM Queen Elizabeth II 90th Birthday Commemorative medal for schools and councils; (Agreed to purchase these for all children at school + Councillors & Clerk – proposed Cllr Parkinson, seconded Cllr Osbourne)
• Clerk & Councils Direct magazine;
• Furniture at Work brochure.

Emails forwarded since last meeting, (9th Febuary, 2016)

• 10.2.16 Community Lincs Photographic Competition;
• 12.2.16 ELDC Planning refusal N./118/02431/15 – Littlefield Lane;
• 22.2.16 Pension Regulation changes; (Cllr Osbourne liaising with Clerk over this)
• 22.2.16 Developing & Funding Community Projects;
• 22.2.16 Weekly e-mail news digest;
• 22.2.16 Councils war of cutting services despite devolution promises;
• 23.2.16 Grants, gagging clauses and other things you should know about;
• 1.3.16 Leaders brief;
• 1.3.16 Lincolnshire Street Works Permit Scheme Consultation; (discussed with Cllr McNally earlier)
• 4.3.16 Louth Rural newsletter.
• 8.3.16 N/118/00456/16 extension at Kirkdykes Cottage (supported)

As more and more information is coming to the Parish Council by email, these are being forwarded onto Councillors to read. Unless specifically put on the Agenda they will not be discussed at a Parish Council meeting, although you will have the opportunity to raise concerns/questions under the item ‘Correspondence’ on the Agenda.

122.15 – Financial
Financial report forwarded and agreed. Four cheques signed.
676 – P Plumridge - Wages
677 – HM Revenue & Customs – PAYE
678 – P. Plumridge – Expenses for year
679 – TEJ Contracting - £40.00 – Site clearance at Playing Field
Unfortunately no paper bank statement has been received this month, Chair to sign at next meeting.

123.15 Footway Lights

The format of the next public meeting was discussed, the following points mentioned:

Clerk to check main hall is free in case we need to overspill;
Send a note home with children on Friday.
Notice in notice boards;

It was discussed how to run the meeting as the Chair was keen to keep it running smoothly and not degrade into a ‘free for all’. It was felt that the last meeting wasn’t as productive as it could have been.

Cllr McNally informed meeting he had been to a couple of meetings where a piece of paper was put on all the chairs and questions were written down for the Chair to ask the guests. Councillors felt that this was a good idea and were keen for the meeting to progress in this way, it would enable the Chair to guide the meeting fairly and to make sure the guests answered the questions. It was, therefore, agreed that all questions would go through the Chair. Chair to produce a sheet for the questions and also to put the format on the ‘Spotted’ site so people get advance notice of format.

At the end of the meeting there would be an opportunity for the meeting to be ‘open’ to the members of the public present.

This meeting was set up and planned to be a productive meeting and the PC don’t want the Chief Exec and Leader of the Council to feel that they are being persecuted. It was hoped that it would be a fair and open meeting with respect from all concerned.

Chief Exec and Leader would be invited to meet Councillors from 6-45 pm.

It is intended to voice record the meeting.

124.15 – Planning
N/118/00093/16 – Mr S Smith. Change of use. It seems there is no record of this planning application being passed or otherwise, Cllrs are wondering if it has been withdrawn.
N/118/00068/16 – 16 Plumtree Drive. Cllr McNally had information on this application but nothing has been forwarded to Parish Council, Clerk to look into.
N/118/00456/16 extension at Kirkdykes Cottage – supported by PC

125.15 – Chairman’s Items - None

126.15 – AOB

Clerk is in the process of trying to sort out the insurance claim following the damage to the playing field fence, not proving too easy but in hand.
State of phone box commented on, Cllr Parkinson stated he intends to paint it in the summer.
State of Notice Board – Clerk had had difficulty getting in to one side as it is jammed, however one half has been cleared out. She is going to get WD40 on it and have another go.
State of footpath – this was reported to Jonathan Stockdale needs to be inspected to see if anything has been done. Cllr Bealey asked if PC had map of public footpaths. Clerk to look it out.

127.15 Date and Time of next meeting – Tuesday 12th April, 2016 at 7.00 pm. (Trust)
7:30 pm (Parish Council)
No further business – meeting closed at 8.58 pm.


  August 5, 2016, 1:38 pm




Newsletter

Keep up to date on the latest news by subscribing to our newsletter. Enter your e-mail address below to continue.

 - OR - 


Designed by Easyweb | All Rights Reserved © 2016