Minutes - Tuesday, 9th February, 2016
Minutes of the Meeting of Marshchapel Parish Council held in the Village Hall Meeting Room on Tuesday 9th February, 2016 at 7.30 pm
Present: Cllrs. P Rickett (Chair), C. Henderson (Vice Chair); B. Bealey, H. Mason, S. Osbourne and R. Joynson.
Apologies: Cllrs. R Parkinson (work); R. Cordy (holiday).
Cllr Palmer (ELDC),
Also present: Cllr McNally (ELDC & LCC).
Clerk: Mrs P. Plumridge
No members of the public present.
106.15 No declarations of interest
107.15 Minutes of the previous meeting were moved and signed.
108.15 Matters Arising
Rospa Report – Newby Leisure have fitted repaired swings.
Footway lights – Agenda item
109.15 Cllr McNally
Cllr McNally reported that the LCC tax would increase by 4% (this included 1.95% rise and 2% to go to adult social care).
The new Area Forum Committee meetings would commence on Monday 4th April from 7 – 9 pm at London Road Sports Pavilion (tea/coffee available from 6:30). It will be hosted by the Leader and Deputy and the agenda is ‘delivering local services differently’.
110.15 Footway Lights
Following the public meeting clerk had circulated a draft letter to be sent to ELDC. Cllrs approved this letter and made one amendment.
Chairman has now received updated information that there are 56 lights in Marshchapel but we were informed at public meeting that there were 76, this needs to be clarified since it will be impossible to work out costs for these lights without accurate information from ELDC.
Quite a few pages of the petition were handed in with approx. 150 signatures on it.
Next public meeting will take place on Wednesday 16th March at 7:00pm
Correspondence received since 12th January, 2016 (Feb 2016 meeting)
• Notification from ELDC regarding Appeal by Mr & Mrs Ellis N/118/01470/15
Land to East of Littlefield Lane.
• The Pensions Regulator – notifications; (Cllr Osbourne to advise)
• Clerks & Councils direct;
• Glasdon – brochures;
• Notification from ELDC regarding N/118/02431/15, going to Committee, Mr P Rickett, land adjoining The Cottage, Littlefield Lane.
• Lloyds Bank – Changes to business account.
• LCC – Definitive Map modification order proposal decision.
Emails forwarded since last meeting, (12th January, 2016)
• 20.1.16 - Electoral Review information;
• 20.1.16 - N/118/00093/16 – Mr S Smith. Change of use from agricultural building to dwelling;
• 22.1.16 – ELDC acknowledgement of precept;
• 25.1.16 – Gritting of Firebeacon Lane;
• 7.2.16 – Monks Dyke Consultation.
112.15 – Financial
Financial report forwarded and agreed. Two cheques signed.
674 –Digs- £1142.40 – grass cutting & allotment cutting
675 – Newby Leisure - £177.60 – repairs to swings
Mr Belton has asked if PC require him to continue with the grass cutting for another year. This was discussed and Cllr Rickett proposed we carry on with Mr Belton, this was seconded by Cllr Osbourne.
Football team to be asked for outstanding fees.
113.15 – Planning
N/118/00093/16 – Mr S Smith. Change of use. PC had no objections
114.15 – Chairman’s Items – None
115.15 – AOB - None
116.15 Date and Time of next meeting – Tuesday 8th March, 2016 at 7.00 pm. (Trust)
7:30 pm (Parish Council)
No further business – meeting closed at 8.17 pm.
August 5, 2016, 1:36 pm