Minutes 10th October, 2017


Minutes of the Meeting of Marshchapel Parish Council held in the Village Hall Meeting Room on Tuesday 10th October, 2017 at 7.36 pm

 

Present: Cllrs. P Rickett (Chair), C. Henderson, (Vice Chair), R. Bealey, R. Cordy, H. Mason and R Parkinson.

                

Apologies: S. Osbourne (family commitment); R. Joynson (holiday).

                  

Also present: Cllr. D. McNally (LCC & ELDC )

                        2 members of the public

                    

Clerk: Mrs P. Plumridge.

 

 

  1. 55.17 – Members of public did not wish to speak, no Police Officers present.

 

  1. 56.17 – Cllr McNally

Cllr McNally reported that there would be a review of the street lights over the next three months, asking if people had any concerns, etc and are they happy that they are environmentally friendly.

It was questioned if the crime rate has gone up. There will be a form on line for responses.

There will be a cluster meeting of Highways from 5 – 6 pm on 16th November at Louth. Due to the timing it is not convenient for anyone to attend.

There should be a decision on the Cattle Market tomorrow night (11th October), it is recommended that it is refurbished but the Councillors have to vote on it.

Some public toilets within East Lindsey are now charging 20p.

The consultation document regarding Marshchapel and Grainthorpe school is out at the moment, concerns regarding any family’s with children at both schools were raised ie will there be staggered starting times? It was also questioned if there was going to be a bus to transport children whose parent had no transport. Clerk to submit comments.

 

  1. 57.17 – Declarations of pecuniary or non-pecuniary interest on any Agenda item in accordance with Localism Act and the Council’s Code of Conduct and Standing Orders.

Cllr Rickett declared an interest in 2 items under planning and was going to withdraw for the whole of the planning topic. Cllr McNally would also be leaving as planning was being discussed.

 

  1. 58.17 – Minutes

The minutes of the last meeting were moved and signed.

 

  1. 59.17 – Matters Arising/ Clerks Report ( items in italics updates)

 

Speed signs – This will be done asap, Cllr McNally offered to help.

 

Caudwells Trees - It would appear no action has been taken. I have emailed again.

Audit – Grant Thornton have returned the audited accounts to me with no matters reported.

They did, however, wish to draw to our attention the fact that our inspection period commenced on 1st June and ended on 13th July, which was longer than thirty days. The earliest legal date it should have commenced was 5th June and it should have ended on 12th July.

I did ring them up to question why they considered this a significant governance weakness since our dates covered the correct period and their explanation was that it should only run for 30 days if anybody had questioned the accounts before 5th June or on 13th July it would not have been legal. Clerk will make sure we get the dates right next year. 

Financial –I am still pursuing Maven (5020130) regarding the rest of our money from the accident 18 months ago, (£100 excess still outstanding).

 

 Playing Field/Rospa Report – As you are all aware, (through emails), the condition of the play unit was brought to our attention by a Parishioner. Although this was covered in the Rospa report we did adjourn that matter to the next meeting. However, in view of the state of the play unit the Chair proposed and it was agreed that we would act straight away on these faults. Newby Leisure have been and inspected it and will proceed with the repair asap. We still need to look through Rospa report and identify any other work that needs doing and get quotes for it. Agenda item

 

Meeting Room – Edward Mossop has been made aware of the state our meeting room was left in following the election, (blue tack all over the walls) he is dealing with it and it will be redecorated. Nothing has happened about this yet.

 

  1. 60.17 – Financial

Financial report agreed.

Three cheques signed:

728 - Grant Thornton £120 – Audit fee

729- British Legion Poppy Appeal - £35.00   pro Cllr Rickett, sec. Cllr. Henderson

730 – British Telecommunications - £1 (signed after discussion)

 

  1. 61.17 – Correspondence

 

Correspondence received since 6th September, 2017                                          

 

  • Annual Return returned and completed by Grant Thornton;
  • BACS Remittance Advise for 2nd precept payment; LALC – Proposals to increase membership fees;
  • Clerks & Council Direct – magazine.

 

Emails received/forwarded since last meeting,

 

  • 20.9.17 – BKV results;
  • 25.9.17 – Consultation on future of Marshchapel and Grainthorpe Primary schools;
  • 25.9.17 – N/118/01670/17 – Consultation, Smith , Littlefield Farm.
  • 26.9.17 – N/118/01676/17 – Consultation – Kirwin, Willow Tree House.
  • 27.9.17 – N/118/01483/17 – Consultation – Westlands Water.
  • 28.9.17 – LALC AGM 17.10.17, 5 – 9 pm, Cranwell VH;
  • 2.10.17 – Press release re Louth Livestock Market;
  • 2.10.17 – Fairer Funding Deal for Lincs.
  • 3.10.17 – LALC subs review;
  • 4.10.17 - N/118/01756/17 – Consultation – Rickett, Land Adj to The Cottage;
  • 5.10.17 – Parish Cluster Meetings – Highways;
  • 6.10.17 – Parish Cluster Meetings, Highways additional date in Louth, 16.11.17
  • 6.10.17 – Town & Parish E-News

 **   In addition we have received the paperwork by email to adopt the payphone for £1.

 We have finally received the paperwork for the Parish Council to purchase the red phone box for £1.   Cllr Parkinson proposed that we go ahead with this and Cllr Henderson seconded it, all in favour.

 It was discussed what use the phone box could be put to and one suggestion was to get another defibrillator for the village and put it in the phone box. Clerk to look into the cost of defibs and Cllrs also to have a think about any other uses it could be put to. Cllr Parkinson proposed we pay BT £1, seconded Cllr Rickett.

                 

  1. 62.17 – Playing Field and Rospa Report

 

The state of the boards on the Play Unit has been brought to our attention by a Parishioner, due to the apparent seriousness of this and the injuries that could be inflicted it was dealt with between meetings by email. Everyone agreed that we should get Newby Leisure in to repair this item as soon as possible at a quoted cost of £480, as proposed by Cllr Ricket and seconded by Cllr Parkinson, all in favour as it is a health and safety issue.

The Rospa Report was then gone through and there are four items for repair on the fencing and a seat needing repairs, Clerk to ask Karl Graham, Digs and Tim Jacklin for a quote.

The Play Unit has already been discussed and the item brought to our attention was on the report, however it also needs new ropes/webbing, Newby Leisure to quote for this and we will try to find two other people to quote.

The chain links on the swings need replacing – again Newby Leisure + 2 to quote.

 

We have also been contacted about our lack of equipment for children under 3 and the fact that the only available amenities are at Grainthorpe. The cost of adding to the equipment was discussed as well as the cost of the safety matting that needs to go underneath it, then there is the ongoing cost of maintenance. It was felt that we did not have the funds available to add to our equipment at the moment. However, it was suggested that maybe we could change one of the swing seats to a baby seat so that a younger child could use the swings at our site. This will be looked into.

 

  1. 63.17– Damage Report - none

 

  1. 64.17 – Planning (Cllr Rickett and Cllr McNally left the room at 8:36 pm)

 

Cllr Henderson took the Chair.

 

N/118/01484/17 – Westlands Water – no objections, application supported.

N/118/01670/17 – Consultation, Smith , Littlefield Farm – Cllrs have visited this site and still feel that two passing places are required.   The Trust owns land near this site and the Parish Council are going to ask the Planners if this could be utilised as the second passing place. Cllrs feel strongly that it is in the interest of the safety of all concerned to still press for two passing places. Application not supported.

N/118/01676/17 – Consultation – Kirwin, Willow Tree House. – No objections, application supported.

N/118/01756/17 – consultation – Rickett, land adj to The Cottage, Littlefield Lane – amendment to windows – no objections, application supported.

 

  1. 65.17 – Chairman’s Items

 

Cllr Rickett returned and re-took the Chair.

 

He has been approached by Mrs Beevers who enquired if it is in order for the football team to cut their pitch in between our scheduled cuts. No one had any objection to this.

 

  1. 66.17 – AOB

 

Cllr Henderson stated that she has tidied up the War Memorial gardens herself. We are very grateful to her for doing this, Clerk to cancel the request to M Lingard that she had made for him to do it.

 

Clerk asked Chair if he could take a look at her laptop as it gives the message that the power source is incompatible, since it is the one that was supplied with the laptop there is nothing she can do.   Cllr Rickett agreed to take a look . If any parts were required it was agreed he would purchase them, proposed Cllr. Henderson, seconded Cllr Parkinson.

 

  1. 67.17 Date and Time of Next Meeting

 Tuesday 14th November , 2017 at 7.00 Trust and 7.30 Parish Council

 No further business, meeting closed at 8.46 pm


  October 27, 2017, 1:57 pm




Newsletter

Keep up to date on the latest news by subscribing to our newsletter. Enter your e-mail address below to continue.

 - OR - 


Designed by Easyweb | All Rights Reserved © 2016