Minutes 12th December 2017


Minutes of the Meeting of Marshchapel Parish Council held in the Village Hall Meeting Room on Tuesday 12th December, 2017 at 7.30 pm

 

Present: Cllrs. P Rickett (Chair), C. Henderson, (Vice Chair), R. Bealey, R. Cordy, H. Mason, R. Parkinson, R. Joynson and S. Osbourne.           

                 

Also present: Cllr. D. McNally (LCC & ELDC ) & Cllr R. Palmer (ELDC)

                        1 member of the public

                    

Clerk: Mrs P. Plumridge.

 

  1. 80.17 – Member of public did not wish to speak, no Police Officers present.

 

  1. 81`.17 – Cllr Palmer & Cllr McNally

Cllr Palmer reported that the local plan, with modifications would be out for consultation for public approval around Christmas, He advised the PC to look at it carefully and decide if it is what we want for the village. The consultation will last 6/7 weeks.

Cllr Palmer reported that neither Louth or Skegness Hospitals were on any agenda for closure as far as the Council was concerned.

He also reported a change in the universal credit in that money will now be paid direct to Landlords.

Cllr McNally was asked to look at the salt gritting route and to ask if Pear Tree Lane could be included rather than the narrow road out of Fulstow, as it would benefit more people on the Marsh.

 

  1. 82.17 – Declarations of pecuniary or non-pecuniary interest on any Agenda item in accordance with Localism Act and the Council’s Code of Conduct and Standing Orders.

None

 

  1. 83.17 – Minutes

The minutes of the last meeting were moved and signed.

 

  1. 84.17 – Matters Arising/ Clerks Report ( items in italics updates)

 

Speed sign/road signs – You will have seen the email that I forwarded from a Parishioner in which he requests more detailed minutes of this topic. We are all aware of the constraints and difficulties of Clllrs getting together to carry out these voluntary tasks in their precious spare time and the minutes will reflect this.

Following discussions a provisional date was fixed for 28/29th December provided nothing crops up. It is appreciated how difficult it is for Cllrs to meet in their spare time to carry out community tasks.

 

Caudwells Trees - These have now been done.

 

Playing Field/Rospa Report – Following our last meeting and our lack of quotes and the fact that we are charged with trying to get three quotes, I have again contacted Newby Leisure and Hags to quote for replacing chain shackles on swings and replacing one of the seats for a baby seat. I have had a reply from Hags quoting £442.00. Still awaiting more.

 

Meeting Room – Cllr Osbourne offered to try and clean off the walls she will report if this has been successful. It was reported and noted at the meeting that the walls have cleaned up very well, we are grateful to Cllr Osbourne for doing this.

 

Maven Insurance – After months of emails and requests we have finally received the policy excess of £125 that we had to pay, back from our insurers, from the accident in February 2016 on the playing field.

 

  1. 85.17 – Financial

Financial report agreed.

731 – Newby Leisure – Multiplay repairs - £534.00

732 – P. Plumridge – Wages

 

2 of 2

 

733 – HMCR – PAYE

734 – Digs – Playing Field grass cutting - £1020.00

 

  1. 86.17 – Correspondence

 

Correspondence received since 21st November, 2017                                        

  • Cheque regarding policy excess from Broadspire (Maven)

 

  • Notification of Planning Committee Meeting 7.12.17 for N/118/01756/17;
  • Notification of Planning Committee Meeting 7.12.17 for N/118/01670/17;
  • LCC Highways Grass Cutting 2018/19 – (need to discuss) agreed to leave as last year and let Highways do 2 cuts and we will monitor and if necessary arrange more

 

Emails received/forwarded since last meeting,   (21st November, 2017)

  • 21.11.17 – Executive Councillor Report forwarded by Cllr McNally;
  • 22.11.17 – LCC Scrutiny Review for street lights – deadline 5th Jan; general feeling was that we have received no adverse comments.
  • 24.1117 - CSW (Community Speed Watch), Road Safety Partnership- Chair requests that Cllrs read this and discuss; Cllr Osbourne and Cllr Parkinson were keen to be involved in this and it was suggested that we could invest in a speed gun, however it was agreed that we wait for a while. North Somercotes have one and they would be asked for feedback on its success and whrther we could attend some time when they are using it. This would be put on the Agenda in Feb/March.
  • 27.11.17 Coastal Access Report – Skegness-Mablethorpe;
  • 27.11.127 East Parish Cluster Services – Highways information;
  • 28.11.17 – Revised SO from LALC;
  • 2.12.17 – Question regarding speed signs – I Burgess; this was discussed under Matters Arising/ Clerks Report. (84.17)
  • 8.12.17 - Planning decision N/118/01670 – Smith– passed;
  • 8.12.17 – Planning decision N/118/01756/17 – Rickett– passed.
  •  

As more and more information is coming to the Parish Council by email, some of these are being forwarded onto Councillors to read. Unless specifically put on the Agenda they will not be discussed at a Parish Council meeting, although you will have the opportunity to raise concerns/questions under the item ‘Correspondence’ on the Agenda.

 

  • We have received an offer of an organ, it was arranged that Cllr Parkinson and Cllr Joynson would pick it up in the afternoon of 18th December and store it in the meeting room for the time being.

 

  1. 87.17– Damage Report – Church Lane sign broken.

 

  1. 88.17 – Planning

N118/02260/17 Beaconsfield Farm – No objections

 

  1. 89.17 – Chairman’s Items - none

 

  1. 90.17 – AOB - none

 

  1. 9117 Date and Time of Next Meeting

 

Tuesday 9th January , 2018 at 7.00 Trust and 7.30 Parish Council

 

Apologies already given by Cllr Hendersen and Cllr Palmer

 

No further business, meeting closed at 8.23pm


  January 5, 2018, 2:32 pm




Newsletter

Keep up to date on the latest news by subscribing to our newsletter. Enter your e-mail address below to continue.

 - OR - 


Designed by Easyweb | All Rights Reserved © 2016