Minutes 21st November, 2017
Minutes of the Meeting of Marshchapel Parish Council held in the Village Hall Meeting Room on Tuesday 21st November, 2017 at 7.30 pm
Present: Cllrs. P Rickett (Chair), C. Henderson, (Vice Chair), R. Bealey, R. Cordy, H. Mason and
Apologies: R. Parkinson (work); R. Palmer (ELDC) (previous commitment).
Also present: Cllr. D. McNally (LCC & ELDC )
2 members of the public
Clerk: Mrs P. Plumridge.
- 68.17 – Members of public did not wish to speak, no Police Officers present.
- 69.17 – Cllr McNally
Cllr McNally reported that the formal proposal to amend the age range at Marshchapel and Grainthorpe would be on 29th November. Clerk has received favourable indications to the points the PC raised.
The recent Highways Parish Cluster meetings were held and a few parish councils struggled to send representatives due to the start time of 5:00 pm. The proposal of 6pm start time will hopefully be incorporated into future meetings.
Ambulance services were discussed and anyone who had concerns regarding EMAS or the non emergency provider advised to email the CCG (Cllr McNally to forward email address.)
Visitors to the seals are causing congestion at the weekends, the Police, RAF and Highways are meeting to discuss this for future years, since the Police have issues with emergency access.
- 70.17 – Declarations of pecuniary or non-pecuniary interest on any Agenda item in accordance with Localism Act and the Council’s Code of Conduct and Standing Orders.
Cllr Rickett declared an interest in 1 item under planning and was going to withdraw.
- 17 – Minutes
The minutes of the last meeting were moved and signed.
- 72.17 – Matters Arising/ Clerks Report ( items in italics updates)
Caudwells Trees - Merton College have now confirmed that these trees will be cut back on 23rd November.
Playing Field/Rospa Report – Despite asking for quotes, as at todays date nothing has been received back.
Two quotes have now been received one from Tim Jacklin and one from Karl Graham, they were compared and Cllr Osbourne proposed we accept Tim Jacklins quote, seconded by Cllr Mason.
Newby Leisure have replaced the boarding on the unit that was brought to our attention by a Parishioner and due to us not being able to get further quotes will be asked to carry out the other repairs. Proposed Cllr Rickett, seconded Cllr Henderson.
Meeting Room – Edward Mossop has been made aware of the state our meeting room was left in following the election, (blue tack all over the walls) he is dealing with it and it will be redecorated.
Nothing has happened about this yet. Cllr Osbourne has offered to scrub the walls and try and remove the blue tac, she will do this this coming weekend.
- 73.17 – Financial
Financial report agreed. No cheques
- 74.17 – Correspondence
Correspondence received since 10th October, 2017
- Clerks & Council Direct – newsletter;
- Notice – A Fair Deal for Lincolnshire;
- Community Links – Save and Warm scheme;
- Littlethorpes of Leicester, quality hardwood bus shelters, brochure;
- Wickstead – 25% match funding;
- Woodland Trust, ancient woodlands.
- Paperwork and Agreement for BT Kiosk in Marshchapel.
Emails received/forwarded since last meeting, (10th October, 2017)
- 13.10.17- Neighbourhood Planning Survey;
- 14.10.17 -Neighbourhood Watch Survey;
- 18.10.17- N/118/01483/17 – Westlands Water – Full PP given;
- 19.10.17 – Adopt a Kiosk, paperwork received by BT;
- 25.10.17 – Update regarding proposals for Marshchapel & Grainthorpe Primary Schools; (already discussed with Cllr McNally)
- 26.10.17 – Core Settlement & Strategy Proposals, main modifications and related matters;
- 10.11.17 – LCC – Road closure outside Church opp Mersc Cottage 20.11.17 for 3 days;
- 12.11/17 – Nominations for NALC Smaller Councils Committee;
- 13.11.17 – N/118/01676/17 – Willow Tree Farm – PP refused;
- 14.11.17 – Update regarding Parishioner problem affecting Dog Warden;
- 16.11.17 - N/118/02045/17 – Littlefield Farm consultation;
- 20.11.17 – Request for Grandparents to take part in TV documentary.
As more and more information is coming to the Parish Council by email, some of these are being forwarded onto Councillors to read. Unless specifically put on the Agenda they will not be discussed at a Parish Council meeting, although you will have the opportunity to raise concerns/questions under the item ‘Correspondence’ on the Agenda.
- Update regarding Parishioner problem affecting Dog Warden;
It seems a Parishioner has been wrongly accused of poisoning cats with anti freeze after he sought the assistance of the Dog Warden with regard to spraying his grass to try and keep dogs off. The spray he used was perfectly suitable for the purpose. This was corroborated by the Dog Warden who cannot understand why he is being accused of anti freeze poisoning, however, she has advised everybody to be careful when filling up their car and to store anti freeze carefully in a garage
- Phone box is now officially adopted
- 75.17– Damage Report - none
- 76.17 – Planning (Cllr Rickett left the room at 8:11 pm)
Cllr Henderson took the Chair.
N/118/01484/17 – Westlands Water – Permission granted
N/118/01676/17 – Consultation – Kirwin, Willow Tree House. – Permission refused
N/118/02045/17 – Consultation – Cresswell, Littlefield Farm. PC support new dwelling on site.
Concerns raised with regard to annex which has a condition on from previous planning application in that it should remain part of house and is not sustainable on its own. To leave it separate is tantamount to being a new dwelling in open countryside. This will be raised with planning officer.
Cllr Rickett returned 8:16
- 77.17 – Chairman’s Items - none
- 78.17 – AOB - none
79.17 Date and Time of Next Meeting
Tuesday 12th December , 2017 at 7.00 Trust and 7.30 Parish Council
No further business, meeting closed at 8.24 pm
December 2, 2017, 8:58 am